Friday, July 1, 2011

Can a movie theater actually take my stuff away?

This is for Canadians only.

I live far from the local movie theater, atleast a 40 minute commute
by foot...so when I travel to that area its usually for more reasons
than just the movies...since that's pretty far to go for one
thing...anyway I carry my bookbag literally everywhere I go...I went
to the movies paid for my ticket no problem...2 minutes before the
show starts I'm trying to go through the ticket line and got
stopped...I was told I couldn't have my bookbag and that I couldn't
proceed...but I had already paid.......

to make matters worst the guy did a search of my bookbag against my
will (well basically without asing, he just started opening my stuff
up), which I already know is illegal, just to make sure I wasn't
bringing cameras into the theater...after a check of the bag the
little doorboy was able to deduce that all I had was 1L of 10% cream
and a pair of clothes...and STILL he wouldn't let me through, in the
end the manager actually came and made me put my bag in his office if
I wanted to go to the movie...not ONLY was a late for this movie but I
think something illegal is going on here...they don't stop every woman
with a purse...and they certainly don't take their purses away so is
it illegal what they did to me?

If so I intend to return and press charges, I mean they wasted my
money either way...I missed the beginning of the movie for this 30
minute book bag fiasco...I'm more mad than anything that they wouldn't
allow me to pass even AFTER a search...even after knowing I couldn't
possibly do anything to hurt their business, I mean come on I'm not
gonna skip the concession stand an drink a liter or fucking cream 10%
here

Also I have reason to believe my personal effects were rooted through
a second time in my absence and therefore am 10x more angry.
BAsically I wanna know what happens next time,

I want to go again WITH a bookbag and I want to see if I can make it
past the door

Because really I paid, am I not entitled, can you really tell people
what kind of personal things they have on the if it doesn't affect
business?

I just hate that it wasn't a choice thing, it was either ditch my
bookbag with strangers or leave with my money and a loss of a total of
80 minutes both way walking....
I was far from uncooperative, like I said I handed him my bag without
question. I wasn't yelling making a scene or even being rude.
I think I'm pretty reasonable I had to stand to the side for 20
minutes while a manager took his sweet ass tie to come down and take
my bag (because before the manager came my ONLY option was to
leave...when the manager came a new option cae up which was to give
him the bag, but I should have never been forced into that position in
the first place...and either way I cooperated...and yeh like they care
at the customer support, this is a legal issue not a customer support
issue, all they're gonna do at customer support is say sorry, if I
call the police I can probably get actual compensation like my money
back and next ime I go there the employees won't fuck around, thanks
anyway.
I don't want people blaming me or saying it's my fault, I didn't do
anything to draw attention to myself, I was just going in peacefully
and the doorboy stopped me, took my bag, checked it, told me I
couldn't take it in so he had to get a manager to come deal with the
situation, nobody is truly at fault except for the person who decided
you can't have bookbags...and the question wasn't WHAT I should do
about it, the question was, is what they did to me legal?

No comments:

Post a Comment